1.13.2011

Christmas Sewing

I sewed my nieces and nephew's gifts this year but I forgot to take pictures...This is one of the aprons I made for my niece from this Mccall's pattern.

I'm also in love with vintage clothing right now - mainly the late 30s through the 50s - so for Christmas I wanted a plaid tafetta dress like this one... but I couldn't find one that I could afford.  I decided to sew a circle skirt instead:

(sorry about the bad pictures).  I used this poodle skirt pattern and Made's circle skirt tutorial to make it.  Super easy, especially using wide elastic at the top.  I threw together a netted slip to wear underneath, but have since ordered a vintage one for my summer dresses.

4 comments:

laurareid said...

great job, sar!was ash the photographer? you should let him be the official run way photog

Anna said...

Totally cute. I was looking at these and wanting to make one for CC although she really cant have one more skirt in her closet. Maybe I'll make it for a gift?

Unknown said...

cute! what type of fabric did you use? I want to do something similar, but want to use a warm flannel with a lining. . .

Unknown said...

Just awesome sewing that is. i think it is the best work for this Christmas.
Fabrics USA Inc | African Wax Print Fabric

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...