6.17.2011

Upcycled Crib

I've seen lots of photos of benches made from beds floating around the web, so it came straight to mind when we decided to move my youngest into a twin bed. We're not having any more children but I still love our crib and don't want to part with it. Since we have no room in the house for a bench I thought it would make great outdoor seating!


Luckily Hancock fabric is having a 50% off all outdoor fabric sale!  Using 2 yards of the mattress fabric and 3/4 yard of the matching fabric I made a crib sheet following this tutorial and covered some pillow forms I had using this tutorial.  I just happened to find the green ones at the local thrift store to add a pop of contrast.  I'm so happy with it and know I will find myself lounging out there with a book while the kids play.

5 comments:

Laura said...

i love it! i wonder when you'll find reagan having a nap on it... she might be missing it.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a fantastic idea. So unique. You should link it up to my Front Porch Party going on now until Friday http://www.elephantstrunkllb.com/2011/06/summer-safari-front-porch-fun.html

Heidi said...

What an awesome idea! I may just have to pull our crib out of the attic and copy this idea! Looks awesome! & what you gotta love a good deal on fabric! {visiting from the Summer Safari}

Kalleen at Second Street said...

Great job Sarah. i love it.

Carolyn said...

Fantastic idea for relaxing outside.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...