10.29.2011

Peter Pan Costumes

 This year we decided to do Peter Pan - since I already had a pirate costume to fit my 3 year old!  I made
Tinkerbell and Peter's costumes this year. 
 I saw Make it and Love it's Peter Pan tutorial and copied it for ours.  Super easy.  I found the felt hat at DI a while ago, it worked perfectly.


For miss Tinkerbell I started to use Butterick 6660 pattern:


But was quickly annoyed with all the layers of tulle.  Instead of following the patterns instructions, I just took all the layers of tulle and pleated the whole skirt then sewed across the top to keep the pleats.  Then I created the leaves per the pattern (I only made half of what it called for) and pinned them on top of the skirt and added the waist band to cover the seams. I liked the leaves puffier so I didn't iron them down - I may iron them now - looking at the pics. I took the leaf pattern and copied it on my printer, scaling it to 50% for the necklace.  I made it the same way that I made the skirt leaves.  I purchased her tee, but it was a size 4/5 when she's a 24 month, so I cut off the sleeves, sewed up the sides then shortened the sleeves and reattached them.  I kept the shirt long to help cover her biking shorts underneath the tulle skirt.  I just bought the wings :). 
There you have it, super simple Halloween.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...